Doctor of Philosophy
New Testament and Early Christianity, Drew University
Master of Theological Studies
Harvard Divinity School
Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude
Religious Studies, University of Missouri-Columbia
Associate of Arts, cum laude
Blue River Community College
Lecturer, Rutgers University (2014-current)
- "New Testament"
- "Jesus" (Online; Fall 2014-Current)
Adjunct Professor, Kean University (2013)
- "Introduction to Religions of the World"
Adjunct Instructor, Drew University (2012-2013)
- “Exegetical Skills 2”
- “Biblical Literature 2: Gospels, Epistles, Apocalypse”; Online course, co-taught with Arminta Fox
Teaching Assistant, Drew University (2011-2012)
- “Church History 1: Ancient and Medieval Christianity”; Assistant to Dr. Kevin D. Newburg
- “Biblical Literature 1: Torah, Prophets, Writings”; Assistant to Dr. Danna Nolan Fewell
- “Biblical Literature 2: Gospels, Epistles, Apocalypse”; Assistant to Dr. Melanie Johnson-Debaufre
- “Hauntologies Past and Present: The Resurrected Jesus, Zombies, and Other Posthuman Figures.” Past Tense, Future Tensions: The Annual Conference of the Society for Comparative Literature and the Arts. Greensboro, NC. October 2013.
- “The Metaphysical Menagerie of 1 Corinthians 15: Resurrection, Humans, and Animals.” Acts and Letters of Paul Section. SBL Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting. Baltimore, MD. March 2013.
- “The Metaphysical Menagerie of 1 Corinthians 15: Resurrection, Humans, and Animals.” Biblical Studies Colloquium. Graduate Division of Religion. Drew University. Madison, NJ. February 2013.
- “The (Missing) Body of Christ in John’s Gospel: Gender, Bodies, and Roman Imperial Power.” Jesus Traditions, Gospels, and Negotiating the Roman Imperial World Section. Society of Biblical Literature. San Francisco, CA. November 2011.
- “The (Missing) Body of Christ in John’s Gospel: Gender, Bodies, and Roman Imperial Power.” Biblical Studies Colloquium. Drew University. Madison, NJ. September 2011.
- “1 and 2 Thessalonians,” Invited guest lecturer with Arminta Fox in Biblical Literature 2. Drew University. Madison, NJ. (February 2015)
- “Teaching Biblical Studies in an Undergraduate Setting,” Invited guest speaker at Graduate Division of Religion Interdisciplinary Colloquium. Drew University. Madison, NJ. (November 2014)
- “The Infinitive, Indirect Discourse, and Greek Exegesis.” Invited guest lecturer in Greek Exegesis. Drew University. Madison, NJ. (March 2014)
- Official respondent to Amy Chase’s paper, “How Much Shame Can One Text Take? Examining Gideon via Shame Psychology.” Biblical Studies Colloquium. Drew University. Madison, NJ. (October 2013)
- “Ancient Ephesus” - Invited co-lecture with Arminta Fox at First Baptist Church, Odessa, MO (August 2013)
- “Gods, Ghosts, and Ancestors” - Invited lecture given in Eastern Religions (REL 2700). Kean University. (April 2013)
- “Mendicant Monasticism” - Lecture given in CHST 502, Church History 1: Ancient and Medieval Christianity. Drew University. (November 2012)
- “The Gospel of Matthew and Scripture” - Lecture given in BIBST 111, Biblical Literature 2: Gospels, Epistles, Apocalypse. Drew University. (March 2011)
- “Archaeology and the New Testament” - Invited lecture given at First Baptist Church, Odessa, MO (July 2009)
- Research and copy-editing for Laura S. Nasrallah’s Christian Responses to Roman Art and Architecture: The Second Century Church Amid the Spaces of Empire. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 2010.
- Checked footnotes, edited bibliography, and created scripture, Greek word, and thematic indices for the 4th vol. of the German and French editions of François Bovon’s commentary on the Gospel of Luke: Das Evangelium nach Lukas (EKK III/4 Lk 19,28-24,53). Düsseldorf: Patmos Verlagsgruppe. 2009; L’Evangile selon saint Luc 19,28-24,53 (Commentaire du Nouveau Testament 3). Geneva: Labor et Fides. 2009.
- Transcribed speeches by Cornel West, John Clendenning, Robert Richardson, Linda Simon, Ignas Skrupskelis, Peter Hare, Hilary Putnam, and David Lamberth for the conference: William James and Josiah Rouce a Century Later: Pragmatism and Idealism in Dialogue. Published in David Lamberth, ed. James and Joyce Reconsidered: Reflections on the Centenary of Pragmatism. Cambridge: Harvard Divinity School. 2008.
- Compiled INDEX FONTIUM for: Hildegard of Bingen. “Expositiones euangeliorum.” Beverly Kienzle and C.A. Muessig ed. in Hildegardis Bingensis Opera minora. CCCM 226. Turnhout. 2007.
- Honorary Degrees Committee - Drew University (2012-2013)
- Co-Chair - Drew University Graduate Division of Religion Student Association (2011-2012)
- Financial Officer - Drew University Graduate Division of Religion Student Association (2010-2011)
- University Bookstore Steering Committee - Drew University (2010-2012)
- Alternative Careers Think Tank - Drew University Graduate Division of Religion Student Association (2010)
Research Assistant for Professor Stephen D. Moore, Drew University. (2010-2011)
Research Assistant for Professor Morris L. Davis, Drew University. (2009-2010)
Research Assistant for Professor Francois Bovon, Harvard Divinity School. (2007-2009)
Research Assistant for Professor J.J.M. Roberts, Harvard Divinity School. (2007-2008)
Awards, Grants, and Honors
Rabbi Dr. Sheldon J Weltman Prize for Excellence in Biblical Studies (2015)
Society for Comparative Literature and the Arts Graduate Student Travel Fellowship (2013)
Harvard Divinity School Tuition Grant (2007-2009)
Roy W. Harper Scholarship (2006-2007)
Higgins Community College Scholarship (2005-2007)
University of Missouri Tuition Grant (2005-2007)
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society (2003)
Missouri A+ Scholarship Program (2002-2004)
Society of Biblical Literature
Society of Comparative Literature and the Arts